There are multiple ways to accomplish any task in drupal. Including text formating. Here are 4 ways to center text (or any other content) starting with the simplest method.
Highlight a paragraph and click the text align center button
Webpages are made up of html markup. If you click the source button you will see these html elements enclosed in <> characters. All html elements have an opening and closing tag. Notice that the closing tag has a forward slash in it.
Here is what the source of a paragraph element looks like.
<p>This paragraph has an opening and closing tag </p>
- Type two sections of text
- Highlight the section you would like to have the orange dotted line above
- Select "Dotted" from the Styles dropdown
Note that you can only have one style selected on any block of text. That means if you select the "H3 Center" style, you can't also select the dotted section for that block of text.
- Write the link text
- Attach a URL to the text using the link button (Shortcut: Highlight text then Cmd+K)
- Highlight the text and select the "Big Blue Button" from the styles menu
What you will need to complete this tutorial:
- An image you want to edit
- The dimensions you need the image to be
- The file size limit
To create a News Update with an external link you will need the following:
- An external link that you want to share
- A title for your News Update
- An image you're allowed to use under 1MB in size - please respect copyright!
The following video explores each of the fields that make up a News Update. This is a general overview of the fields and the editor interface. Filling out the Body and Additional Content sections will be explained in greater detail in later tutorials.
The following is an explanation of the difference between an internal and an external news update. From this tutorial forward, I will refer to news updates using those terms.
The key distinction is where the user is directed when they click on the news update. Are they directed to an internal page or an external site?
They appear in three places, differently in each place.
- There is a block of 2 News Updates at the bottom of every Basic Page including the homepage
- There is a block of 2 News Updates on an individual's employee profile
- There is a block of up to 12 News Updates on the /all-news-updates page